MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 REVIEW
|By Monika | 21/09/2016 03:17:27|
• Larger and sharper screen
• Innovative Cover
• Even better Surface Pen
• Loud and clear speakers
• Strong performance
Microsoft has thrown its latest high-end tablet/laptop hybrid known as “The Surface Pro 4”. Even after the months of its launch, it is still one of the most desired devices in the market today and that is probably due to its wonderful and much anticipated design and powerful hardware.
• Design: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is very similar in looks with its sibling Surface PRO 3. Surface PRO 4 model is a hair thinner, and a few hundredths of a pound lighter, but its dimensions are otherwise the same. The unique design of Surface Pro 4 makes it a lot easier to handle than any 2-in-1 with a 360-degree pivot. Microsoft Surface PRO 4 jumps from a 12-inch to a 12.3-inch display. That’s skilled through thinner bezels which look more eye-catching, but still provide enough room to grip the Surface Pro without grazing the touchscreen. The buttons of device are placed very creatively. When the device is held in landscape orientation or used as a PC, the power and volume keys are located on the upper left edge and when it is turned in portrait orientation, it becomes the upper right side. Connectivity of the device is not very impressive. When the Surface Pro is used with the keyboard, the USB and Mini-Display Port jacks comes on the right edge. It otherwise works really well but when it is placed in portrait orientation and when something is attached from the bottom then it will project out from the device. The headphone/microphone jack is problematic in either case, as it’s always located near the top edge of the device, leaving the handler to jumble with the cord. The power brick’s connector works well. The benefit of magnetic alignment and multi-directional feature make it easy to insert and doesn’t direct the entire device flying if you happen to trip over it and pull it out.
• Surface Pen and Type Cover: Microsoft has given its Surface Pen and Type Cover accessories some serious and very impressive upgrades so as to cover the extra space. The new surface pen holds 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity and is so elegantly redesigned to give a feel like a pencil. The stylus now has one flat side, as if a Number 2 pencil had all but two of its angles rounded off. There are two reasons for this modification. The first reason is that the stylus has now become more comfortable to hold than the last which ultimately puts your index finger on rest just above the main function button on the flat end. Secondly, this surface is coated with thin, powerful strip magnets that permit it to adhere onto the tablet's left flank. The Pen also supports a novel, and really purposeful, eraser button up top that not only does what it says on the tin, but offers up three exclusive use cases. Apart from opening OneNote with a single press, the button now takes a screenshot and then opens OneNote with a double press. Finally, a long press summons Cortana to answer to your every notion. The surface pen is accurately weighted so as not to give you a feel of heaviness irrespective of all the technology used inside the pen.
• Solid State Drive: Surface Pro 4’s 256GB solid state drive also did well in benchmarks. CrystalDiskMark’s sequential test recorded an average read speed of 928 megabytes per second and an average write of 449MB/s.
• Small battery for small device: The Surface Pro 4 weighs about 1.7 pounds without accessories and with type cover and pen, it weighs about 2.3 pounds. Its light weight, united with its lean profile, makes it easy to pack in a bag for a trip. The power adapter is also small in size. A large 38 watt-hour battery provides juice on the go. That’s a reputable capacity, but the HD display draws full power giving a back-up for the maximum of 9 hours. The similar issue is faced by the competitors of Surface Pro 4 like Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Tablet lasts for about three hours and four minutes.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is definitely giving a tough competition to its rivals. It is an excellent combination of advanced features like reasonable speed, decent display, and excellent type cover which makes it a perfect choice for techno-savvy individuals.